I never used to be a big fan of faux leather jackets. I loved the style but finding one that didn’t look completely “fake” always proved difficult. My husband tried to encourage me to simply research and invest in a “real” leather jacket but for some reason I’ve always been hesitant. I couldn’t see myself wearing it enough to justify the cost. Which is strange because he was encouraging me to spend money : ). Fortunately, the demand for faux leather jackets has increased and the clothing industry has provided many to choose from at different price points. The quality of these jackets has come a long ways too. I found this one a few years ago and bought it for the color!
You can find anything from moto or biker style chic to classic and simple. I love all the options these jackets create and if you stick with faux leather, you might even be able to buy two! Enjoy!
In order to avoid the “fake” or plastic looking faux leather jackets, there are few things I do before purchasing. Believe me, this advice is far from scientific but after trying on many of these types of jackets, I formed a little checklist!
Check the movement of the coat. If it moves freely without a crackle sound (if that makes sense) it will look better and last longer. I also like faux leather to be somewhat soft. There are some beautiful faux leather jackets out there with a soft, luxurious appearance that can be worn for many years, (they look like real leather too.) You don’t need to spend outrageous amounts of money either. These jackets can be worn all year round and styled many different ways!
Style Ideas for Faux Leather Jackets:
1. Wear over long sleeve tees with a maxi skirt and booties for Spring.
2. Wear over a favorite dress to create a more casual appearance. Love the moto look with floral print dresses. Beautiful!
3. Wear with a long tunic, leggings and sneakers or booties. This is a great option for Spring.
4. Wear with a skirt and graphic tee with booties or wedge heels. Great look for spring and summer.
5. Create a classic look with a white button down shirt, trouser pants or flared jeans and heels for work or a night out.
6. Wear with joggers. Just grab a t-shirt or tank, throw on your joggers and a pair of wedge heels. Easy and effortless look! Add a scarf and you’re set!
Faux Leather Jacket Options
Audrey Solheid is the founder of avid fashion blog, Audrey Salutes. She is dedicated to inspiring women to "create new looks, try new styles, or find inspiration in what exists in your closet." Based in the Midwest with her family of four, Audrey brings sincerity, light-heartedness, and her fashion savvy to her posts. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pintrest!