Summer heat leaves us looking for easy and cute ways to look great and stay cool. Here we have a gorgeous and fun look, complete with cute shades, an awesome flamingo print that pops, and summery red heels. Sian tells us more:
I was checking out the Kate Spade sample sale a couple weeks ago and stumbled across a flamingo print dress that I loved. Even on sale the dress was a bit too expensive for my taste, so I went on a search for a more reasonably priced option and stumbled across this adorable dress at ChicWish. The print is really close to the Kate Spade version, but I actually liked the style of the dress better! This will be a fun dress for summer! I have blogged before about my love for novelty prints before, and how to pull it off without looking crazy. Here are my tips..
- Look for a feminine silhouette.
- If you are rocking separates, balance out a novelty print with a solid color, e.g. a printed pant can be paired with a black top. You can also throw a jean jacket on to neutralize the print.
- Try a graphic or saying tee too!
- Find a subtle print. I have a great giraffe print bathing suit that you can barely tell is a giraffe until you get up close to it! This is an easy way to wear the trend if you aren’t into bold prints.
- If you are shy, get printed accessories. You can find novelty print phone cases, gloves, purses, scarves, etc.