Whenever someone utters the phrase “sporty chic style,” I always cringe a little. What does that mean exactly? Is it yoga pants, complete with squeaky clean sneakers and a fitted work out top? Does it mean jogger pants, booties and a sweatshirt? What about leggings, a graphic tee and a long open front cardigan? Could it mean distressed denim, the ever popular plaid flannel and a chunky scarf? Yes, to all of the above.
The sporty chic, or street style look as I like to call it, has evolved over the years and many brands now cater to women who enjoy comfortable clothing without sacrificing style. Winter is the perfect time of year to accomplish this sporty chic look. You can do this by shopping your own closet and experimenting with items you already have. For example, if you own snow boots, stocking hats, scarves, denim, leggings or chunky knits you can easily create this style. Here’s one of my favorite sporty chic looks for winter:
Gone are the days of prim and proper sweater sets, the taboo of mixing brown and black and sewing up the holes in your denim! Leave the holes, mix plaids and prints, browns and blacks and indulge in the creation of comfy and cozy sporty chic style!
More Sporty Chic Style Ideas for Winter:
- Wear a long open front cardigan with a graphic tee. Add a stocking hat and winter boots for the season.
- Wear leggings, your favorite tunic style sweatshirt, add a puffy vest and booties.
- Distressed denim, your favorite sweater and a chunky knit scarf.
- Add plaid to everything this winter. Headbands, scarves, tops.
- Warmer climate ladies can substitute sneakers for winter boots but can create a winter vibe by adding a stocking hat or wool fedora.
Audrey is dedicated to inspiring women to "create new looks, try new styles, or find inspiration in what exists in your closet." Based in the Midwest with her family of four, Audrey brings sincerity, light-heartedness, and her fashion savvy to her posts.