I don’t invest in many “going out” outfits; I spend most of my money on work wear since that’s where most of my time is spent. I have a few weekend wardrobe staples that I go to over and over again and wanted to share my tips. Add the following items to your wardrobe and you will always have something to wear when your going out:
- Dark skinny jeans. I have several variations of dark skinnies because you can pair them with anything. I personally find LOFT Modern cut skinny jeans really flattering, they hold their shape well, and they are reasonably priced.
- A boyfriend blazer. I have two of these — one in black and one in cream — and wear them ALL the time for work and on the weekends.
- A “blousy” blouse. I also get a lot of wear out of my loose cream blouse in the pics below. It’s perfect for layering, and again, I can wear it to work and out. Go for a loose blouse that hits just below your hips.
- A denim jacket. No explanation needed — it goes with EVERYTHING. I really like the fit of J.Crew Denim jackets.
- Costume jewelry. Invest in a few statement necklaces and bracelets to make any outfit weekend appropriate. Francesca’s has great jewelry at very reasonable prices. I also love Stella and Dot.
- Belts to cinch your waist. Flattering and chic — especially a great metallic or animal print belt.
- Sexy heels can take your outfit to the next level. Throw on a pair of pointy toed pumps to take your outfit to a night look.
This jacket is a staple in my fall wardrobe — the cut is amazing and even though it has the camo pattern, it acts as a great neutral. I am also living in these LOFT coated skinny moto jeans. Sometimes coated jeans can be extremely stiff, but these are not at all and have great stretch — I highly recommend investing in them!
Sian is the woman behind the stylish fashion and beauty blog, Girl, Inbetweenied. She blogs to be a "fashion and beauty inspiration for the average-sized woman" in response to the fashion industry's unrealistic beauty standards of female size. A resident of Washington DC, Sian is a proud Inbetweenie and advocate of universal beauty for all sizes. Follow Sian on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!